Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics
» General Update
Your Short Stories EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 4:08 pm by kNuX_V1

» Seeker - Available Now!
Your Short Stories EmptyWed May 30, 2018 11:14 am by fafafabigben

» Random space&science spam
Your Short Stories EmptySun May 27, 2018 5:22 pm by fafafabigben

»  Leaked from the forums (1): Deja Vu
Your Short Stories EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 1:13 pm by fafafabigben

» It puts the science in the fiction or else ...
Your Short Stories EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 11:12 am by fafafabigben

» "the great forum leakage" project
Your Short Stories EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 2:34 pm by fafafabigben

» Useful doodads (another link/resource thread)
Your Short Stories EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 7:16 pm by fafafabigben

» Happy New Year!
Your Short Stories EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 11:48 am by fafafabigben

» We were featured on the Writership podcast!
Your Short Stories EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 8:52 am by Silverspook

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Short Stories

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Your Short Stories Empty Your Short Stories Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:28 pm

kNuX_V1

kNuX_V1
Guardian of Chaos

What's up team?

I hope you all had a great Christmas and are looking forward to an awesome 2017!

As you know, Lore and I are working through the last few chapters of Seeker. We've also been looking back through part 1 to tighten it up and run final edits.

With this in mind, I have been considering the future, the next project. For a while now, we've been working on a few short stories such as Synax Salvage and Space Junk, with numerous others in the works. I believe that now is the time to begin organising these stories into a book. This is where you come in.

If you've got stories on the forum, or would be happy to write new ones, post below with your ideas and suggestions and we'll work together to add them to the collection.
There are a couple of things to bear in mind, this first collection takes place around the Seeker timeline, so just prior to Taking Flight, considering this, the Skilf are not present, Alesha hasn't been discovered by Corey, the Alexis is about to become one with a junk pile on Ar-Kaos 4. What this does mean however, is that we can establish some background stories and origins, or investigate new or different characters than usual. I'd love to hear how Trouble ended up on Tucker 9, or his life in the Rystar millitary. Imagine what Elizabeth's life was like before Tahu and their adventures together. Or how Clusters team came together and the trials they endured to reach the point they are now. What was Smith doing before arriving on Tucker 9? What trinkets and treasures did she find? Imagine a new team of heroes, new ships, all carving out their stories in systems and on new moons or planets. What happened to Fallon before Split Personality? How did Gurin win the Black-Star? Why is Destiny considered so important by her fleet? How did Luna and Rogue's early assassination missions go? How does Nali find Synax? How did Jewel's training go, and what rivalries did she endure?

I intend to put together a roster of new characters as well, and I'll be using the Troubled Core section as a testing ground. Feel free to join me with your own ideas and characters.

I don't really want to get ahead of myself here, but upfront, I think it's only fair that I tell you my current thinking. I would like to make the completed article available on Amazon for very cheap or if possible, free. The hope is that this will generate some interest in the larger stories and characters, as well as serve as an easy introduction into the Chaos Nova universe. Any revenue generated will be directed into Chaos Nova upkeep and infrastructure. (Website, forum, announcements, future releases, etc.) While this is my current thinking I am very open to questions and suggestions.

Thanks for checking this out, I look forward to working on some awesome stories in the future.

All the best, and have a great 2017!!!

2Your Short Stories Empty Re: Your Short Stories Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:31 pm

fafafabigben

fafafabigben
Guardian of Chaos

I can already see the blurb Very Happy

"Short stories from ChaosNova & TroubledCore Universe. Moments worth sharing form different times, different places, different characters and storylines. Might induce random space opera cravings. Your canon may vary."

http://hereticlearning.blogspot.com/

3Your Short Stories Empty Re: Your Short Stories Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:57 am

KT McDermott

"Your Canon May Vary" Lol!
I like this idea and can get you some Trouble Background written for the CN Verse. (Using Rystar and how you see that planet so it works proper.

Thank you so much for your help!

4Your Short Stories Empty Re: Your Short Stories Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:51 pm

kNuX_V1

kNuX_V1
Guardian of Chaos

Would love to hear it boss =D You know where to find me if you need me Wink And just as a thing; So far, my notes regarding Trouble in my version of Taking Flight - There's a bit where it explains 'Trouble is a retired soldier from Rystar' And he's got a couple of his 'old team' with him fixing up some ship on Tucker 9. My background thinking before you mentioned that he's divorced was that he ran a mission for Rystar, under their orders, and it ended up being super dodgy, forcing Trouble and his team out of the military (although Rystar would have loved to keep him, it wouldn't have looked good.) But this is all speculation, and if you've got something else in mind, I'm all aboard! Taking Flight is still being written, it got pushed outta the 'work rotation' when I realized it wasn't the right time, and I didn't have the skills to do it justice, plus Lore helped me figure out a much, much better intro for the story in total, like there's elements of the 'First Wave Exodus' and some other bits that just make it make more sense as a story.

Anyway, I've started rambling, suffice it to say, I look forward to what you come up with, and if you need any help, with anything, I'm always here. 

Take it easy brotherhood, all the best to you and the fammo! =D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum