Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics
» General Update
General Update EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 4:08 pm by kNuX_V1

» Seeker - Available Now!
General Update EmptyWed May 30, 2018 11:14 am by fafafabigben

» Random space&science spam
General Update EmptySun May 27, 2018 5:22 pm by fafafabigben

»  Leaked from the forums (1): Deja Vu
General Update EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 1:13 pm by fafafabigben

» It puts the science in the fiction or else ...
General Update EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 11:12 am by fafafabigben

» "the great forum leakage" project
General Update EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 2:34 pm by fafafabigben

» Useful doodads (another link/resource thread)
General Update EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 7:16 pm by fafafabigben

» Happy New Year!
General Update EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 11:48 am by fafafabigben

» We were featured on the Writership podcast!
General Update EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 8:52 am by Silverspook

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Update

+3
kNuX_V1
8Peacemaker8
Matthegeek
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1General Update Empty General Update Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:58 pm

kNuX_V1

kNuX_V1
Guardian of Chaos

Hello Chaos Nova,
I hope you're all doing well as we come to the end of January. It's been a bit of a crazy past few months so I thought I'd update everyone as to what is going on.

Firstly, we are desperate in our search of an artist/artists to help us work on the Chaos Nova Trading Card Game. This project has all but ground to a halt without illustrations. If we haven't got something by next Monday (2nd February) I request that the authors, (Kieyo, Roo, Kay, Lore) make time in their schedules so that we can discuss this issue over Skype and perhaps work out a better method of attack here. The card game is quite important and is almost on a time scale as the set we plan on releasing first will be Split Personality, it won't be any good if we're about to release Taking Flight and we're only just bringing out the cards for the first book.

Secondly, the first draft for the upcoming novel "The Seeker" is almost completed. For those of you who haven't been keeping up with this one, it's kinda important. Alongside 'The Seeker' we intend to also release Roo's 'The Traveller' and Kay's 'The Pilgrim' at the same time. We are hoping for some kind of Sci-Fi first here, three stories, all written about the same universe, released on the same day. We should have something to show for our efforts by March, including hopefully Cover-art and adverts.

Thirdly, Quake-A-thon is on it's way once more. This year we're being hosted in Letchworth by Jade and Luke (DeludedWench/Ryker) on the usual date - 20/4. I would very much like to know who is coming as I need to sort out T-shirts and Transport. Also, any additional charity events you wish to run, let me know and I will try to provide prizes and help where-ever I can. Our goal this year is to reach £500 for ChildsPlay. If we do at least that, you can all say you helped raise over £1000 for ChildsPlay charity, and that makes you an amazing person.

There's about a million other things I wanted to talk about here but I don't want this to become one of those posts. Suffice it to say we have also expanded our Server network to include Minecraft, Starmade and Space Engineers, if you'd like to join us in the latter two, please let me know and I will send details your way.

All the best, and thank you for taking the time to read this. I know I can go on sometimes but believe me, it's for the benefit of Chaos Nova, which I hope ultimately means it is to the benefit of you as well.

Knux

2General Update Empty Re: General Update Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:19 pm

fafafabigben

fafafabigben
Guardian of Chaos

Here's my approximate schedule.
Busytime: GMT +2 6PM-11PM, weekdays; anything beyond that is tweakable.

Some notes/ questions about the artist's quest.
- how is the proposed objective presented for the possible contacts? (As in, how are the specific details of  "we are trying to acheive X, we need you to provide Y" written down specifically?)
- how is the next course of action outlined for the "found the artist!" scenario? (How will information be exchanged; how will tasks be given out, checked and followed up? How often? How will materials be exchanged and stored, in which format? Who will be the designated contact person/ direct link with the artist? What are the set milestones in the production cycle? How will the artist be walked through the universe canon, and to what extent? What would be the criteria of "this ain't working, let's stop here and try someone else"?)
- what are the small specific measurable tasks within the "big mission"? (Could be something like "let's work out line drawings for five selected cards, then gather opinions and feedback from the team, then talk the adjustments over, and check back within a week". Just an example.)
- although they talk about a different medium, i find this Extra Credits video to be a damn fine quick reference on the production-sctructure-setting process. The task-structuring part starts at about 1:32.
- [edited out this suggestion bit here; moved the info to the 'card notes' document]

Last edited by fafafabigben on Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://hereticlearning.blogspot.com/

3General Update Empty Re: General Update Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:58 am

Matthegeek

Matthegeek

QUAKE A THON!!! im off work for it sir Smile
is the minceraft server back online now then?

https://www.youtube.com/user/matthegeek?feature=mhee

4General Update Empty Re: General Update Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:41 pm

8Peacemaker8

8Peacemaker8

QUAKE-A-WHATMATSAID! Already booked off, wanna do a sponsored walk for the event so I need to know the destination and also if anyone has any smart are ideas about where to start from let me kno, I'm open for suggestions! Peace

5General Update Empty Re: General Update Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:15 pm

kNuX_V1

kNuX_V1
Guardian of Chaos

Thanks for the responses guys, you are awesome! =D

Lore, I think I'll be able to give you a much more in-depth answer over Skype, and then between us we can 'condense' those answers into a more precise post so everyone gets the idea.

Matt, fantastic to hear you have it off work, in regards to the MC server, it's been up for a few weeks now. Updates on which can be found in this post - https://chaosnova.rpg-board.net/t553-digitalreaper-is-a-hero-minecraft-server-temporary-home

Peacemaker! Also fantastic to hear you've got it off work. I'll get in touch with Jade and ask her to suggest a route you can do around Letchworth =D Thanks for your contribution man, between us all, this year is going to rock.

Any other questions, please post them here. I'll ask Jade and co to check it out and post their views. All the best guys!!! Thanks again!

6General Update Empty Re: General Update Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:27 am

Matthegeek

Matthegeek

well bugger me silly and call me grandpa, i had no idea it was back up. now i must upgrade minecraft again.
what are thou travel deets sir?

https://www.youtube.com/user/matthegeek?feature=mhee

7General Update Empty Re: General Update Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:31 pm

kNuX_V1

kNuX_V1
Guardian of Chaos

We're still working all that out. If everything goes to plan then hopefully I'll have the Super Bus running by the time we go, alongside Fredders and Milly. Gonna be leaving early on the 20th, so if people wanna crash at mine that's cool too. Letchworth isn't too far away, but we're gonna need to set up and all that good stuff. Lemme know your thoughts on this brother, I wanna make sure everyone happy with the arrangements before we set it in stone. All the best!

8General Update Empty Re: General Update Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:12 pm

kNuX_V1

kNuX_V1
Guardian of Chaos

Authors! I love you all! You gave me good info and from it we have decided that Friday 6th February at 9:30GMT would be the best time to hold our call. Please be on Skype around this time. Thank you!! =D

9General Update Empty Re: General Update Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:43 pm

fafafabigben

fafafabigben
Guardian of Chaos

Just to confirm: in my corner that would mean Fri, 11.30 AM - correct?

ED:
http://www.worldtimezone.com/

Last edited by fafafabigben on Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : helpful smartassery)

10General Update Empty Re: General Update Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:12 pm

KT McDermott

Yes, 9:30GMT AM or PM? I'm guessing Nighttime as that would be about 3:30AM here. And 3:30 is 'Clothing Optional' time for me! I'll review my Skype and might need to have a test call with Knuxy Boy to make sure I've got mine right. I've only used Skype once, and FB video chat once. I'll be sticking this in my calendar either way.

{And to be honest, 3:30PM is clothing optional, too.}

11General Update Empty Re: General Update Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:07 am

kNuX_V1

kNuX_V1
Guardian of Chaos

It's in the evening, sorry I should have clarified. 9:30 PM My bad! Also, massive apologies to our American and Canadian friends for such an ungodly hour. If you wanna post a list of things you want us to discuss, and then just get the recording at a later date, I completely understand. I assume this is one of the reasons we don't all meet up at the same time online =P Damn timezones! If you can make it, fantastic, but at 3:30AM, I won't hold it against you if you don't show Wink All the best guys, and thanks again for the quick replies!

12General Update Empty Re: General Update Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:01 pm

KT McDermott

What does everyone think about setting up a special guest account? Some people would like to see what we do before joining, but can't see our posts due to previous theft issues.
Is there something we can set up with a Guest, password Guest1 to share that limits what they can see, but lets the curious sample some of our work.

13General Update Empty Re: General Update Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:19 pm

fafafabigben

fafafabigben
Guardian of Chaos

Another approach to fulfil similar objective (limited access to materials specifically selected for safe show-off) might be to create a measured-dosage sample-section that features juicier material than roleplay-light, and the materials on display there would be cut off from their "mother-threads". Exerpts-as-teasers, basically.
No clue how it might work in practice, though ...

14General Update Empty Re: General Update Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:43 am

kNuX_V1

kNuX_V1
Guardian of Chaos

Role-Play Lite acts as the sample area. As long as you have the permission of all authors involved, and it doesn't reveal spoilers, you are welcome to post there. We tried to get some stories going in that section to showcase our abilities, however they didn't take off.

Hope this is what you were looking for. Also I'm gonna be a little busy for the next few weeks sorting out Quake adverts and getting the gearbox in the bus. Please don't move forward on anything major (timeline included) until I can give more input, it's important that we don't run away with it to the point where I can't catch up.

All the best! Hopefully speak soon,
(Also, gimme a shout if you both wanna hook up in Skype sometime to discuss the timeline and RPG-Lite!)

15General Update Empty Re: General Update Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:04 am

fafafabigben

fafafabigben
Guardian of Chaos

Yep, i should have all my usual evening time available for discussing stuff (that includes quake-a-thon-related if there's bits i can help out about).

Speaking of QAT trailer - here's a bit of web-fu for ya. Currently the whole "related"/ suggested section displays a whole lot of some astrology crap (i think they're aligning by the word "april"). See if you can add some relevant keywords as tags and maybe add some sentences featuring those relevant words into description. (Duplicating the very text displayed in trailer would work fine.) This would help to make the message more visible (and better searchable) for those who might not be specifically looking for it.

16General Update Empty Re: General Update Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:10 am

KT McDermott

I have a to. Of stuff going on right now and will explain more during a Skype session if need be.
If anyone has need of me, Alexis, or my characters, just bump me here, my email, or on fb. I check in, but am nor active.
Things should calm down end of next week and I should know more and be more productive.

17General Update Empty Re: General Update Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:04 pm

fafafabigben

fafafabigben
Guardian of Chaos

Reporting on the state of my affairs & working conditions.
Transition from town to countryside base completed. Acheived more or less ideal work-setup: plenty of physical action during the day, plenty of free time and privacy by night. Hardware and network limitations dictate less gaming, more textwork; serene setting and dark nights enhance focusing abilities. Mobile internet requires some data-flow rationing; long online gaming sessions off the table; Skype use and text co-op on google - quite fine. Public WiFi in walking distance, can be utilized for more data-heavy endeavours (time limitation due to battery life applies); additional option to plug in powercord at the village library (source of above public WiFi) - needs testing.
[end of report]

18General Update Empty Re: General Update Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:04 am

kNuX_V1

kNuX_V1
Guardian of Chaos

Greetings fiends,
I just wanted to give everyone a quick update, especially since the forum has been pretty quiet recently. As most of you know, I've been working on the super bus for the last few weeks, I'm due to leave on Wednesday morning and I'll be meeting some of the chaos nova squad in Holland before moving on to Sweden at a later date. During this time I will be working on reviving the forum and editing the Seeker using camp site WiFi. You'll be able to follow my journeys on YouTube and I'll be available on Skype as often as possible. I wish you all the best and I look forward to writing for the forum again.

Take it easy and I'll see you soon!!!

19General Update Empty Re: General Update Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:04 am

kNuX_V1

kNuX_V1
Guardian of Chaos

Greetings fiends,
I just wanted to give everyone a quick update, especially since the forum has been pretty quiet recently. As most of you know, I've been working on the super bus for the last few weeks, I'm due to leave on Wednesday morning and I'll be meeting some of the chaos nova squad in Holland before moving on to Sweden at a later date. During this time I will be working on reviving the forum and editing the Seeker using camp site WiFi. You'll be able to follow my journeys on YouTube and I'll be available on Skype as often as possible. I wish you all the best and I look forward to writing for the forum again.

Take it easy and I'll see you soon!!!

20General Update Empty Re: General Update Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:20 pm

KT McDermott

Be careful and enjoy your travels!

21General Update Empty Re: General Update Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:22 pm

fafafabigben

fafafabigben
Guardian of Chaos

Onnnnwaaaard!!!
(Also, i've got this sneaky plan to get that almost-there co-op post done before your liftoff. Just so you know, lol.)

22General Update Empty Re: General Update Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:39 am

KT McDermott

I have step-children and Tsaxhora Complex, soooo... We'll see what I can get done!

23General Update Empty Re: General Update Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:35 pm

fafafabigben

fafafabigben
Guardian of Chaos

I'll spam these two clips of sneaky epicness over here as well Very Happy

24General Update Empty Re: General Update Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:24 am

fafafabigben

fafafabigben
Guardian of Chaos

Gonna share some more doings from the woods (guest star: Knux)

25General Update Empty Re: General Update Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:45 pm

fafafabigben

fafafabigben
Guardian of Chaos

Here's another bunch of the shared moments. (Spoiler: Knux leaves in the end.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum